Swimming is a sport that works out the different parts of the body, but it can be especially hard on your ankles. A swimmer's foot injuries range from muscle cramps, sprain, tendonitis, bone fracture, and even fungal and bacterial conditions like athlete's foot. If you are a competitive swimmer, these foot issues can affect how you perform.
But don't worry because we've got the solutions for you—the best ankle brace for swimming. They are the best form of prevention for any foot injury, and if you experience foot pains, they are an excellent remedy for you to continue to stroke with excellence. So let's check them out!
BraceAbility Ankle Support Brace
Professional swimmers and lovers of water sports will love the Braceability ankle compression brace because of its usage flexibility. It is the brace you can wear if you are into surfing, scuba diving, diving, wakeboarding, and other water sports, but you can also rely on it to be your foot support for land sports like basketball, soccer, or volleyball.
The brace is made of neoprene material, making it waterproof and perfect for pools and the seas. You can conveniently wear it just by looping the strap in an eight-figure. Tighten it based on your comfort.
- Easy to wear, figure-eight strap design
- Can be worn barefoot or under your shoes
- Can address different foot sprains, strains, and pains
- You need a keen eye for the sizing details to get the right size. The inability to get the proper measurement, matched with Braceability's provided sizing, might give you braces that don't fit well.
Bodyprox Waterproof Ankle Brace for Swimming
Foot movement during swimming is important in order to achieve the right footwork techniques. Therefore, the ankle brace you are using must allow you to move your feet while protecting your heels. You can get this kind of design from Bodyprox.
The Bodyprox brace has an open heel design allowing motion flexibility, so you can still paddle your feet up and down when swimming. Doing other sports that require footwork is also easier with this design. Adjust the strap with just the right tightness for additional comfort and proper support.
- Easy to wear
- Washable and reusable
- Made of waterproof Neoprene material
- You can get a customized fit because the strap is adjustable
- You can move with ease because of the open heel design
- Can be used both for land and water sports
- Has a one-size-fits-all sizing which may not apply to atypical foot types
SENTEQ Ankle Brace for Swimming
One of the challenges of athletes wearing ankle braces is the bulkiness of their foot support. It takes a couple of days or even weeks to get used to the additional load on their feet. If it bothers you to have additional weight on your feet, you can choose the SENTEQ ankle stabilizer among all options you have.
These braces have a sock-like design that mimics the thickness of normal socks while ensuring that it is tight enough for heel and ankle compression. So how to put on an ankle brace? Just slip it into your feet—no need for straps for you to get the foot support you need.
- Made of neoprene material—safe and effective to use for swimmers
- You can use these braces if you play basketball, soccer, or even working out in a gym
- Easy to wear and remove
- Not as bulky as a strapped ankle brace
- Getting the wrong brace size won't give you the expected benefits, so make sure to check the size chart carefully.
Beister Ankle Compression Brace
If you are experiencing foot joint pain or want to prevent any foot muscle strain because of your strenuous exercises and hardcore training, using the Beister ankle compression brace is the way to go. To wear it, you need to strap one end of the brace around your ankle first, wrap the rest around the heels, and stick the other end of the brace around the ankle again.
With this design, the heels, ankles, and foot arc are all supported and given compression for pain relief or prevention of any muscle and joint strains.
- Provides support in the different parts of the feet
- Can also be used as daily foot support for non-athletes
- Prevents foot pain and address hurting feet
- Size determination isn't the usual—you need to get the circumference of your ankle to get the right size on the chart.
Cotill Ankle Adjustable Brace
Swimming requires good footwork when training in and out of the pool, making your feet more prone to tendonitis. Using the Cotill ankle adjustable brace is an advantage for dry and wet environments because of its neoprene material. Whether you are in the pool swimming or out warming up and exercising, you can continue using it as the braces have an open heel design, allowing you to move your feet more freely.
- Easy to wear. It has a sleeve to slip into the arc of the feet and a strap to compress the heels.
- Made of waterproof neoprene material, so it fits as ankle support for swimmers.
- Has an anti-odor feature if you are wearing it under your shoes during an out-of-pool training
- Getting the right size is a bit complicated. You still need to measure both the size of your feet and your ankle's circumference to get the right size.
INDEEMAX Copper Brace
The common problem among ankle braces that use straps is wearing the velcro attachment. Good thing the INDEEMAX copper brace highlights their braces' velcro strength. This velcro ensures that the adjustment you do for the brace straps is kept in place even if you stay active and get wet in a pool.
Aside from the neoprene material used to make the braces waterproof, the INDEEMAX brace is also infused with copper material. Copper keeps the brace odor-free and clean, which is helpful for you as a swimmer because of your exposure to waterborne fungus and bacteria.
- Infused with copper material to keep the brace and feet clean
- Has a strong velcro for the strap
- Can be used for both land and water sports
- Has an open heel design for movement flexibility
- Bulkier than its counterparts because of the neoprene, nylon, and copper layers
As a swimmer, you know the importance of having feet free from any pain. Not only do they help you propel yourself through the water, but they're also one of the most sensitive parts of your body to injury.
That's why we've put together this list of the six best ankle braces for swimming, so you can keep your feet healthy and stroke with excellence. We've included waterproof braces to accommodate every swimming need. Each type of brace has its own set of benefits and points for improvement, so be sure to read through our guidelines carefully before deciding which product is right for you.