Your job may not be the most physically demanding, but sitting at a desk all day can take a toll on your feet. And if you're not careful, those little problems can turn into big ones.
But there is hope! Moisturizing gel socks are here to save the day (or at least your skin) of our office workers who spend a lot of time on their feet. This sock might be a small piece of footwear for you, but it can make a lot of difference.
So if you're looking for a simple way to improve your desk-bound comfort level, gel socks are worth checking out!
Health Risks of Sedentary Jobs
Sitting at a desk all day might not sound too dangerous, but research has shown that sedentary jobs are a risk factor for several health problems. In addition, studies have linked sitting for long periods with chronic health conditions like obesity, heart disease, and cancer.
Aside from the well-known risks of related illness, your feet may be especially vulnerable. That’s right: all that time spent sitting with your legs crossed or tucked under you can lead to issues like plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis.
Inflammatory tissue response that lies along the bottom of your foot leads to this problem, which can be exceedingly painful and difficult to treat. Some symptoms include heel pain and stiffness, which can be quite devastating if not dealt with earlier.
Who is at Risk?
Most people think that foot problems are only a problem for the elderly or diabetes. However, various individual groups are susceptible to foot complications. It can also be found in the workplace, including the following:
- Back office workers: writers, paralegals, graphic designers, receptionist
- Customer service agents
- Cashiers and bank tellers
- Production workers
If you engage in either of these categories (or one we haven't included) and are obligated to sit or stand for long periods, it's time to be more cautious.
Closer Look about Gel Socks
Nobody wants to see your dry, flaky skin peeling off in chunks while you’re in the office. Luckily, you can say goodbye to your foot issues with a moisturizing pair of gel socks.
These socks are made with special fabric, a built-in gel layer, and plant essential oils that help lock in moisture so your skin can stay hydrated and smooth. Best of all, these socks are convenient because you don't need to use any lotion, shea butter, or creamer. All you need to do is put them on, and your feet will feel great all day long.
Benefits of Gel Socks
Dry indoor air and constant contact with harsh surfaces can leave your skin feeling uncomfortable and irritated due to extended sitting periods.
Fortunately, moisturizing gel socks are an easy way to combat dryness and keep your skin soft and healthy. Here are just a few of the benefits of using these simple products:
- They lock in moisture so your skin can heal naturally - Your skin is not getting the same level of exposure to sunlight and fresh air that you would outdoors. Thankfully, gel socks can help improve the nourishment of your skin for up to 24 hours.
- They create a barrier against irritants like dust and sand - Looking for a way to protect your feet from the irritants in your office environment? Gel socks create a barrier to protect your feet from harsh chemicals and other allergens commonly found in offices.
- They help reduce skin inflammations - Moisturizing gel socks can improve the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis, and other inflammatory skin conditions. It works by delivering moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera and vitamin E directly to the affected areas of your feet and ankles.
- They prevent foot fungus - If you're like most office employees, you certainly waste a great amount of time in front of a computer. Unfortunately, this can often lead to uncomfortable feet, as sweat and bacteria can build up over time.
Gel heel socks are designed to keep your feet cool and dry, which can help prevent fungal growth. They also have a layer of cushioning that might aid in relieving stress on your feet.
Stay Healthy and Active While Sitting All Day
If you're like most office workers, you sit at your desk for several hours each day. This can be taxing on your muscle, especially if you have plantar fasciitis. So here are some initiatives to keep you healthy and comfortable at work.
- Your chair is one of the most significant components of office furniture. That's why it is important to invest in a comfy ergonomic chair, ideally with a mesh backside that will support your back and neck.
- By moving around and stretching your muscles regularly, you can help to avoid muscle strain and tension, particularly in the neck, shoulder, and foot.
You can do simple stretches like calf raises or toe spreads throughout the day to keep your feet and ankles flexible.
For instance, high-heeled shoes are frustrating for most women who work in a 9 to 5 job. Instead, it's highly recommended to wear supportive shoes with good arch support to maintain proper posture and alignment and help prevent pain in your back, neck, hips, and knees. Similar to regular socks, moisturizing gel socks for women also come in various sizes and designs.
You'll be able to stay pain-free during those long workdays if you practice these helpful hints!
Break the Sedentary Lifestyle at the Office
If you have a desk job, you know that it can be tough on your body. Traveling to and from the office is something; it’s another to sit for long hours on an uncomfortable chair. Unfortunately, you may not notice it until you experience the negative effects.
Thankfully, there's a solution—and no, we don't just mean getting up more often! Instead, we're talking about using moisturizing gel socks to make your work life a little healthier. Gel socks are great because they keep your feet cool and comfortable while you sit all day long in an office chair.
They also significantly improve blood flow, which is important when you splurge the majority of the time sedentary. If you want to stay healthy and active while sitting all day, grab a pair of gel socks and give them a try.
If you want to learn more about other types of foot care or need some helpful tips on staying healthy and active during your workday, please browse through our website for additional reviews and information.