Whether you prefer sunrise or sunset, the views of these sceneries are best seen atop a hill or a mountain, which you probably know if you are a hiking enthusiast. This whole hiking experience is better if you do not have aching feet by the end of the trek.
You’re in luck because we have just the foot support you need— hiking shoe insoles! All the products featured here are bestselling and tried-and-tested. So get your best pick in which you’ll use!
Shoe insoles are not only perfect for hiking. There are three main benefits from using hiking insoles:
Prevention of foot disorders:
- Plantar fasciitis
- High arch
- Flat feet
- Heel spurs
- Shin splints
- Pain in the knee, neck, lower back
Ease the pain of foot problems: Shoe inserts can prevent flat feet, high arch, bunions, and other conditions. They can make your activities more comfortable as they provide necessary foot support.
Longevity of shoe usage: You do not need to buy another pair if the shoes do not fit right. All you have to do is use shoe inserts to give additional comfort to your feet.
Now, without any further ado, here are the seven products you should consider if you are looking for effective shoe insoles; hiking and daily activities-friendly.
The Best Shoe Inserts - Men Hiking
Do not let high arches or flat feet stop you from spending the day and appreciating nature through hiking. The Easyfeet shoe inserts are perfect for providing arch support. The inserts arch perfectly right where medial longitudinal arches are.
When hiking, walking, running, or doing your daily activities, you have the necessary support to avoid having pains at the end of the day.
- Has antibacterial properties
- Unisex design
- Available in a wide range of sizes for men and women
- Has a shock absorber in the heel portion
- Users may experience rigidity of the insoles with first uses. It is better to use a few hours in a day to warm up the feet.
Orthotics are custom-made shoes and heels given by foot specialists who have checked the feet and saw a need for specialized shoes or inserts. The Walk-Hero shoe has orthotics inserts with silicon cushions in the heel part and the cupped design of the area.
This design ensures that the heels that receive the first hit of pressure are safely supported by the heel cup when hiking or running. The arch of the insole follows the curves of a healthy arch. If you are experiencing flat feet or high arch, this design will keep your feet, ankles, and knees pain-free.
- Made of medical-grade materials
- Prevent and address different foot problems
- Specifically targets heel and arch support
- Perfect for arduous or regular day-to-day activities
- The 7mm arch rise may be uncomfortable for some
- It takes time to get used to the 5mm additional elevation inside your shoes
Adventure seekers know no boundaries. There is nothing that can stop them. The promising thing about shoe insoles is that innovators see all the challenges that trailblazers might face— including heavyweight.
Dr. Scholl’s pain relief orthotic for men is specifically designed for individuals 200-300 pounds and above. The insole is designed to provide support in the ball of the foot, heels, and arch, which are pressure-prone areas, especially with a heavyweight. As a result, foot, leg, and back pain brought by regular shoes will be relieved.
To lose weight, regular exercise and increased mobility are needed. With Dr. Scholl’s, you have the right companion for your goal.
- Provides heavy-duty support
- A guard inhibits heel shocks causing pain
- Arch is primarily meant for men with heavier weight
- You can trim the insole size to fit shoe size
- It comes in one size only, so you must do the trimming correctly for a perfect fit
- Insole trimming may not be done accurately, causing insole misfit
Get your athletic shoes, hiking kicks, and work boots stylish on the outside and healthy for the feet on the inside with the Timberland Pro insoles.
These insoles are best for preventing any foot issues after a long day’s work doing the heavy lifting and long hours of standing or walking. Unlike other inserts, Timberland provides a less arched and flatter version, which is a good start for those trying to adjust to having orthotics.
Orthotics are designed to realign the feet to their proper position, which is not 100% convenient and is painful. Using the Timberland inserts can allow the feet to adjust, having extra cushioning under it before moving to orthotics.
- Excellent for foot disorder prevention
- Good for everyday use
- Provides cushioning for the whole foot
- It has an arch and heel support
- The arch is lower than other shoe inserts
- The heels have cups but no additional support, unlike other shoe inserts
There are different parts of the feet, and these areas become prone to pressure and pain with the wrong footwear. The risks even get bigger when you perform regular strenuous foot activities without proper foot support.
The Physix Gear Sports foot inserts are meant for daily activities and even challenging sports, rock climbing, and hiking. You can enjoy these activities because of the arch and heel support from the shoe inserts.
You are also kept from severe foot problems like metatarsalgia, knee pain, plantar fasciitis, and even back pain by getting these conveniences.
- Supports the heel and arch of the feet
- It is non-slip, which will make your climb, hike, or run safer
- Is anti-odor, ensuring fresh feet despite having an active lifestyle
- Semi-rigid arches and heel cap provide less pressurized correction of foot conditions
- The less rigid arch may not be excellent in addressing high-arched feet
Some foot situations are so advanced that they also need a more rigid approach. The PCSole orthodontic arch support addresses heel and arch problems like plantar fasciitis, flat foot, over-pronated heels, and heel pain.
The shoe insert has a deep heel cup that ensures the heels are correctly aligned and supported when walking, running, or hiking. The arch support measures 3-centimeter, rigid enough to support high-arched feet. The two characteristics work together to ensure proper foot alignment, preventing knee, lower back, and pain in the other parts of the body caused by misaligned feet.
- The rigid design addressed high-arched feet
- Deeper heel cups are excellent in correcting over-pronated heels
- Non-slip materials are used for the inserts for walking, running, and climbing activities
- Adjustment to rigidity may cause pain
- Adjustment to the realigning design of the feet varies per user
Vomii Memory Foam
Do you want to hike for miles without getting tired and experiencing foot pains along the way? Perhaps enjoy your celebratory meal instead of spending time massaging your feet at the end of your hike? You can do all of these when your feet are well-padded and supported by the Vomii memory foam.
These shoe inserts provide the necessary support to the foot arch and heels. The 2.3-centimeter heel design is not only cupped but has an added layer of gel underneath the extra cushion. The arch also has a cushion on top of the elevation that addresses high-arch. All these and more characteristics of the insoles make it excellent when doing sports and maintaining an active lifestyle.
- The shoe inserts are breathable
- Has non-slip design
- Breathable and antibacterial
- You can cut the insoles to fit your shoes
- Cutting should be accurately done for a perfect fit
- Adjustment of the user to the insole rigidity may take some time
Enjoying the activities you love most— including hiking— without worrying about excruciating pain can be achieved by having the proper shoe inserts.
The products above vary on heel and arch support rigidity, so you have to choose which design fits your needs and your current foot condition.
It is best to choose less rigid ones for foot problem prevention. However, if you already have existing conditions like high-arch or plantar fasciitis, it is better to go with more rigid designs. There will be pain in the beginning, but it will be worth it.