Individuals with bunions know that the condition can be quite painful. In addition to seeking relief, people with bunions often want to find ways to treat the condition to live their lives as normally as possible. For instance, individuals rely on toe separators to keep their toes apart, and some rely on pedicure toe spacers. Nevertheless, there are medical-grade ones that should be used for bunions and not the colorful separators you see in the salon. Medical and salon toe spacers should not be interchanged for bunion relief.
If you're one of those individuals who have tried pedicure toe separators and failed to treat their bunions, you’re in luck! In this post, we'll discuss eight of the best alternatives to pedicure toe separators for treating bunions. We hope this information helps you find relief.
1. Dr JK Toe Pal Best Toe Separators
The main difference between the toe separators used for pedicure and the ones specifically intended to address bunions is their material. Most pedicure separators are made of foam that you use once and then discard, but bunion separators like the Dr JK Toe Pal are made of medical-grade gel, which you can use repeatedly. Although the foam separators can be reused after washing, their quality decreases each time because you cannot clean them thoroughly. On the other hand, because bunion toe separators are made of medical-grade gel, you can ensure their cleanliness. Just make sure to air dry it after wiping it down with a damp cloth.
- Provides separation of all the toes
- Easy to wear
- These separators keep each toe inside a loop for less slip
- One-size-fits-all, which may not be friendly for all foot types and sizes
2. Yoga Toes Best Toe Separators for Bunions
One of the main symptoms of bunions is the stiffening of the foot bones and muscles. When the big toe and even the small toe move towards the middle, crowding the other toes, and there is no intervention done to put them back to their proper alignment, they will become stiff. The Yoga Toes Bunion Toe Separators ensure that your toes remain healthy and flexible, and of course, are brought back to their original alignment. Unlike pedicure spacers made of soft materials that cannot ensure proper spacing, the medical-grade gel used for the Yoga Toes separators ensures the sturdy and immovable toe separation you need.
- Uses US men and women sizes instead of a one-size-fits-all sizing
- Made of BPA-free and medical-grade material
- Easy to clean
- Has an open-end design for stress-free wearing
- It can be painful to wear for severe bunions because of the sturdy toe separation
3. Yoga Toes Gems Separators
One characteristic you’ll love about pedicure toe spacers is the variety of cute and classy designs, which can tempt you to get them instead of bunion toe spacers. The Yoga Toes Gem Separators are a great choice if you want to achieve both style and the proper bunion correction.
Instead of the usual simple hoops, the separators have blue gel gems separating each toe. On top of the aesthetics, it can also address chronic foot pain, hammertoes, plantar fasciitis, and of course, bunions! The gel spacers are curved according to the feet' natural slope, and each toe can easily slip into the gel space divisions.
- Has a stylish design
- Uses medical-grade material
- Available in mens and womens US sizes instead of one-size-fits-all
- Easy to wear; just slip in the toes in the toe divisions
- Easy to clean; just clean with soap and water, then air dry
- Comes in only one color
- The sturdy design may be a painful adjustment for advanced bunions
4. Dr. Pedi Toe Spacers
Some individuals suffering bunions choose pedicure spacers instead of the medical-grade ones because of the less painful toe adjustment they’ll experience. They know that many bunion toe spacers will flex their cramped toes painfully, but this is not the case with Dr. Pedi Toe Spacers.
These spacers are made of silicone gel, making them soft and stretchy, so your toes won’t need to flex as much when you wear them. This characteristic is great if it is your first time wearing toe separators as it won’t cause too much pain. So how to separate the toes then? You can adjust to more sturdy separators and braces when your toes become more flexible.
- A softer and more flexible type of toe separator
- You can cut it to customize which toes to separate
- You can wear them inside shoes
- Easy to wear because of the slip in design
- Easy to clean as you only need to wash them with water and soap and then air dry them
- The toe separation is more subtle than its counterparts
5. Balotte Toe Separators
Separators for a pedicure service are very much different from a bunion separators’ design because the former is intended for individuals who sit still. While bunion toe spacers are best used when not in motion, you can rely on the Balotte Toe Separators if you have an active lifestyle and love exercising. These toe separators are best used barefoot, especially when doing yoga and some stretching.
It is also the type of toe separator you would want to wear to prevent bunions and not to correct them. The silicone material is too soft to keep the separation stable.
- More flexible and pliable than its counterparts
- Comes in three pairs
- You can wear it while exercising
- Easy to wear because of its flexibility
- Easy to clean; wash with water and soap then air dry
- Should be worn barefoot
- The toe separation is not as stable as others
- One-size-fits-all, which may not be friendly to all foot sizes and types
6. Chiroplax Toe Stretchers
The Chiroplax Toe Stretchers are on par with pedicure toe separators that scream cuteness and adorability. The brand produces pink and purple spacers made of silicone gel, making it highly pliable. You can stretch it for your toes to fit. There are also two types of separators in the kit: crown design separators and separators with loops. You can fit in your two pairs of bunion correctors in a pouch that comes with the set. You can keep them neat and bring them with you when you travel so that you can address your bunion anywhere!
- Available in cute colors
- Has a pouch organizer for portability
- Highly flexible and pliable latex separators
- Includes two designs of spacers in the set
- Too flexible, and they do not keep toes apart for advanced bunions
7. Mind Bodhi Health & Wellness Bunion Corrector
The subtle toe separation from pedicure spacers appeals to individuals who do not want to experience pain the first time they use the product. If you aim for the same effect, you’ll be satisfied with the Mind Bodhi Bunion Toe Spacers. They are made of flexible medical-grade gel, which becomes more pliable when worn. With flexibility, your toes that have moved towards the middle because of the bunion can be adjusted gently. Because it is not bulky, you can also wear it inside your socks and shoes throughout the day.
- It can be worn all day while wearing shoes
- It can also be worn barefoot at home
- More flexible than its counterparts
- Available in pink, blue, and white colors
- Toe stretching is gentle
- Uses medical-grade silicone
- May not provide the separation you are expecting for advanced bunions
8. Aifacaius Toe Correctors
Pedicure toe spacer sets can include as many as 12 pairs per set so that you can use them for a long time. If you need more than a pair of bunion toe spacers you can use daily, Aifacaius Toe Correctors are the answer! If you’re wondering how long you should leave toe separators on, know that you can wear them all day.
This set has four toe separators in white, black, pink, and blue colors. You can color code the toe separators you will use per day in a week. While cleaning and letting the other pairs dry, you can use the extra clean and fresh pairs. Cleaning them is bliss as you only need to wash them with warm water and soap and air dry them.
- You get four pairs in a single set
- Available in white, black, pink, and blue
- Has open big and small toe designs for comfort and a better fit
- You can wear it with socks and shoes
- It can be worn the whole day
- You need to check out the toe separator loop measurement to be sure that it fits your toes
So, there you have it—a comprehensive list of the best toe separators for bunions that are the top alternatives to pedicure toe spacers. If you are looking for a more affordable and natural way to treat your bunions, consider some of the alternatives we’ve suggested. If you are still asking yourself, “Do toe separators work?” or “Are toe separators good for your feet?” Then the answer is a resounding yes! And there is something out there that will work for you. Try these over-the-counter remedies, but remember to consult with your doctor before starting any new treatment regimen.