Flip-flops are one of the most convenient footwear. You can wear them at home, on the beach, or whenever you go out. Yet, using regular flip-flops for bunions won’t be corrective unless you wear special gel toe separators meant for flip-flops, which is an additional cost and hassle.
For your convenience, we are sharing Wellrox’s stylish orthopedic flip-flops already designed with toe spacers. While there are many sandals and flip-flop choices out there, we enumerate five reasons why our recommendation is the right choice. Let’s check it out!
Wellrox Ashley Toe Separator Flip-Flops: 5 Reasons Why It Is the Best Choice
Provides toe separation
At first glance, you’ll see that instead of a single separator, the Wellrox Ashley flip-flops have four. These separators will separate the big toe from the other toes and all the toes from each other.
When bunions develop, prime among the changes you will notice to your feet is the movement of the big toe toward the other toes. However, as the condition worsens, you’ll see that all the toes are moving toward the middle toe. Bunionettes even develop.
To avoid the latter from occurring and achieve proper toe alignment, wearing the Wellrox Ashley flip-flops is the best prevention and correction if your bunions have already caused all your toes to cram together.
Has arch support
Another reason why the Wellrox Ashley flip-flops are the best choice for your bunion correction is that they provide arch support. The sandals' footbed curves according to the arch of the feet to ensure that the arches are well-supported.
As a result, the weight of your body rests not just on the heels and the metatarsals. Instead, foot pressure is distributed equally to your feet, thus preventing heel and metatarsal conditions such as metatarsalgia and plantar fasciitis.
Heel cups to prevent plantar fasciitis
To further support your feet, the slopes of the insoles of Wellrox Ashley flip-flops also have deep heel cups, eliminating shocks to the part of the feet that first receives the pressure when you walk. If you also have recurring heel pain, foot pain, or plantar fasciitis aside from bunions, the heel cups will help a lot.
The arch support and the heel cups work together to equalize foot pressure, ensuring that your toes and bunions are resting comfortably, not experiencing any friction or stress that may cause the bunions to swell and worsen.
Made with durable and feet-friendly materials
The footbed is made of rubber, ensuring that your feet are resting comfortably on the soft material. It is also through this malleable rubber material that the manufacturers of the Wellrox Ashley flip-flops can mold the curves of the footbed according to the natural anatomy of the feet.
Matching the rubber material are the leather straps so that even if you walk for miles or do errands the whole day using the slippers, you are sure they won’t wear out or break easily.
The toe separator flip-flops are padded to ensure comfort while correcting your bunions. They are designed with a colorful knitted cloth in the middle to break the color monotony.
Available in different colors and designs
The Wellrox Ashley flip-flops are available in colors of hot pink, blue, orange, and turquoise. If you are into neutral hues, there are also black, brown, and tan. What a collection it would be to have a couple of them to match your different clothes! You will look stylish while you achieve bunion correction.
The beautiful design is not even the best part. Aside from the Wellrox Ashley flip-flops, Wellrox has plenty of sandal designs. It offers toe spreader sandals with heel straps and toe separators for women with leather flower ornaments.
Wellrox Ashley Flip-Flops Pros and Cons
- Easy to wear and clean: Since the flip-flops are made of rubber, they are easy to clean. Just be extra careful with the knitted design.
- You can wear it at home or outside: Like regular flip-flops, the Wellrox Ashley flip-flops are ideal home or outdoor slippers because of their color and design.
- True to size: Some customers buy flip-flops but end up with the wrong size because of the complicated sizing manufacturers provide, but not the Wellrox Ashley flip-flops.
- Durable flip-flops: The rubber and leather materials that make up the flip-flops make it durable footwear you can use for a long time.
- Not the slippers for cold weather: Because of the rubber and open-toe design, it is not the slippers for cold weather as your feet will freeze. The chilly breeze may also cause pain to bunions, especially swollen and painful ones.
- Does not have a bunion protector: If you are looking for a flip-flop toe protector to avoid friction or bumping of your big toe joint, the knitted part of the Wellrox Ashley flip-flops cannot provide it. It will leave your bunions exposed.
It is always good to have slippers that are stylish and practical when it comes to bunion correction. If you have the question, “Are flip-flops bad for bunions?” in your mind, the answer is both yes and no. Regular flip-flops that do not have a toe separation design are not helpful for your bunions, but if you have flip-flops like the Wellrox Ashley, the answer is a resounding “No, flip-flops are not bad for bunions!”
We encourage you to try it for yourself to experience what we are talking about. We are more than happy to hear the benefits you’ll experience in wearing them.