Summer is the perfect season to enjoy some fun in the sun. However, if you're like many people, you may find that your feet don't always feel their best when you're spending a lot of time by the water. This can be especially true if you have bunions getting irritated and swollen when wet.
Thankfully, there are some great ways to protect your feet during the summer that don't involve staying inside all day! One way is to invest in a good pair of toe separator sandals. Not only will they help keep your feet cool and comfortable, but they'll also keep you looking stylish at the beach or by the pool. Keep reading for our recommendations on the best toe separator sandals for treating bunions.
1. Wellrox Terra Austin Sandals
The Wellrox Terra Austin sandals will remind you of pedicure sandals with toe separators. The main likeness is that the sandals have divisions for each toe. As you may know, not only is the big toe affected when bunions appear but all the other toes will be affected too, especially when the big toe and the pinky start moving towards the center, crowding the inner toes.
The toe dividers of the Wellrox sandals ensure that when you are out on the beach, you can still tend to your foot issues. You can surely walk on the beach in style as there are nine posh designs for the Terra Austin sandals.
- Available in nine different designs.
- Also provides arch support.
- The toe dividers are made with cushions for comfort.
- The adjustment will cause pain to individuals with severe bunions.
2. Birkenstock Women’s Slides
If you need something a little casual for your beach dinner attire, or you need to run some errands farther out than the beachfront, you can wear these sandals from Birkenstock. Unlike yoga sandals with toe separators, the Birkenstock slides only separate the big toe from the other toes. The twelve different colors and designs all have a strap wrapping the big toe, and another strap for the bridge of the feet. As your bunions are addressed, your whole feet are also supported. These sandals have a cushioned footbed that slopes according to the natural curves of the feet for additional comfort.
- Available in twelve different colors.
- True-to-size, so you can easily find the sandal that fits you.
- Lightweight and will not strain your toes and feet.
- Made with synthetic materials instead of authentic leather like other sandals.
3. Blowfish Malibu’s Women’s Granola
Looking for something that can double as pedicure sandals? Wear these when getting your nails done. These sandals are also perfect for when you’re sporting a beach maxi dress or a floral romper chilling at beachfront restaurants. No matter what color your outfit is, you can find a match with Blowfish Malibu’s twelve designs. The sandals come in black, indigo, silver, grey, pearl, and more!
They’re not only cute, but they are also comfortable with their insoles made of soft faux cork. And of course, they also bring relief to your bunions as the strap is intended to separate the big toe from the other toes.
- Available in twelve different designs.
- Fits true-to-size.
- The straps are adjustable to get the perfect fit.
- The shape of the sole does not offer the same arch support compared to its counterparts.
4. Megnya Flip Flops
One of the characteristics you should look for in beach sandals is the ability to dry quickly. Don’t walk around in damp shoes and try these Megnya walking sandals with rubber soles. You can use them while enjoying a walk by the shore, by the poolside, or simply chilling near bodies of water. This also makes it bunion-friendly as bunion irritation lessens when the feet are kept dry. Of course, keeping the big toe separated from the other toes is fulfilled through the big toe sandal strap Megnya designed their sandals with.
- Available in twelve different colors and designs.
- The soles are made of comfortable ethylene vinyl acetate material.
- The straps are adjustable to get the perfect fit.
- Some buyer reviews show that the sandals squeak when wet, and the straps loosen after some time.
5. Teva Women’s Olowahu Toe Separator Flip-Flops
Whether you are out on the beach or you are relaxing at home, the Teva Women’s Olowahu flip-flops can keep you fashionable while correcting your bunions. These slippers stand out because they are made of recycled plastic, which is highly appealing for the environment and ocean lovers.
Design-wise, these slippers have several straps for design, and a single strap that moves the big toe away from the other toes. Don’t worry about finding a color that suits you: the Teva flip-flops come in a whopping twenty-one color options.
- Easy to wear (slip on).
- You can choose among the twenty-one designs with various colors and geometric patterns.
- Dries easily and are made of recycled but robust plastic materials.
- Too casual for most outfits.
We all want to have a great time at the beach, but sometimes our feet can get in the way of that. Bunions are painful, but the right toe separator sandals will help you stay comfortable at the beach while also looking stylish. Whether you're into sandals or flip-flops, we’ve got you covered with the options above that all provide excellent bunion support and correction.
Feel free to share which of these stylish sandals you choose with us, as well as your experience with them. We’d love to hear from you!